Friday, February 29, 2008

ANOTHER SNOW STORM FOR TOMORROW!!

Can Mother Nature get off the snow wagon and get some spring here in Maine! We are expecting another major snowstorm tomorrow...we just got 8" and they are talking well over a foot this time around. Hot Damn! Where will be put this snow? The streets are so narrow now it is getting impossible to go anywhere. The town crew is so small that no matter what they get done, mother nature comes along and drops another load of snow. We have a "Snow Dump"...lol Because of the environmental laws we have, we can not dump any snow into the river, so it is put into dump trucks and take to an area that is just for the snow. It will melt and run into the river in the late spring. Well, this snow dump right now if over 60 feet tall and growing. It is well over the height of a two story house and growing every day. If I get out tomorrow, I will try to get a picture to post.

I didn't go to work Wednesday because of the snow and today because I have a sore throat and stuffy nose. I am running out of sick days and I don't want to do that.


I have my alpaca sock almost done. I am knitting it for me and I am thinking I should have knit the sole with the purl stitch so it would be smooth on my feet. Oh well, next pair I will try that.

Well, I am going to go knit on my socks and also work on sewing the precious sweater together tonight too. That is almost done...it's tying in all those ends on the roses that are taking the most time.

KNIT ON!

No comments: