Thursday, February 21, 2008

Alcapa socks

Well, I have two of the hanks rolled into balls and have started the first of many socks to come. I am using a size 2 needles and 60 sts. I hope these are going to be right the first time. I haven't knit on alpaca before so this is really a treat! They feel so wonderful and I just wish they would go a little fast, but the size of the yarn isn't going to work up as quickly as the worsted weight ones go. And now that I am back to work, I have been knitting a lot less then I would normally do. Last night I went to bed around 8 to just lay in bed and knit until I got sleepy. Because I worked yesterday, my body was very tense from the drive to and from Orono. I had muscle spasms all night so I finally got up and took a flexaral to stop them. It started to work a little bit after taking and I was dead to the world until the cat decided he wanted to go out at 7 this morning. DH went to the mill doctor to see when he will be going back to work and he has two more weeks off due to a broke rib that he did at work in Jan. He left around 8 am and I fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until almost 11! Then it took a couple more hours for that little pill to finally get out of my body and I could actually function. But the sleep was a good one for me! I guess I really needed it!

Still working on the Precious sweater. The sleeves are to the point of adding the little ruffle and then the cuff. I think that will be my project to work on tonight. I want to get it finished so I can give it to Amanda at work for her little girl..who is a week older then my granddaughter. She is expecting another baby in 4 months but the baby has a very serious heart defect and will have surgery immediatly after birth in order for the baby to survive. She has a lot of hope that the baby will be healthy after the surgery...but she said it is a high risk for the baby. My prayers go out to her and her baby and her family...it will be a long haul for them after the birth.

The weather has been so cold that I hate to get dressed to go out in it. I did get my new alpaca scarf I ordered from the little store in Kingfield today. I was so happy to get it and get to use it right off the bat! It was very much needed today! The weatherman said this is the coldest day this month and I can verify that statement...had to go to the credit union and mail some clothes to Sarah that her grandfather bought her Tuesday. (He bought carhart- jacket, pants and cords for her). I keep telling him she's a girl...lol Oh well, I think that she will be better off in this world being a little tom boy then a little princess! The temp this morning was well below zero with the windchill...the house is very cool today. It was good for sleeping last night!

Well, baking chocolate chip cookies right now and need to make some scotch-a-roos for work tomorrow..it's a potluck lunch for our team. I only work 4 hours so I won't be there all day to munch on the goodies everyone is bringing in.

My little car is still in the repair shop. Tuesday I had the timing belt and all the other belts changed and an oil change. They found that I had a strut broken and it would be a longer job to fix it so they took it in again this morning to fix that problem. When they put it on the alignment machine, they found they couldn't get the back right wheel to align. So upon a closer inspection there was something bent. They tried to pound it straight, but it just wouldn't give. George thought it was happened when someone got stuck with it and they used a chain to pull the car out of the snow. Well, we are the third ones to own this little Forrester, so who knows. I know I haven't gotten stuck with it any time in the last 4 years, so I think it was like that when we bought it from the dealership in Lincoln. Oh well, George ordered the part from the Subaru dealer and it will be here tomorrow. So I have to take the big Dodge to work...and $40 I make working sure won't pay for the gas to drive that big gas pig to Orono and back home! I think I will go 20 minutes earlier and take the truck through the car wash in Bangor to get all the salt off it. And we sure have a lot of salt on the roads due to all the snow and rain we got the last couple of weeks. The roads are so bad here in town I hate to drive anywhere. The ice is at least 3-4 inches thick in places and the side roads, like our street, is nothing but ice. Too bad the town wouldn't put some salt down and not more dirt. Then it would melt. Oh well...live in Millinocket

Going to go put some more cookies in the oven...take care one and all and

KNIT ON !!!!!!!

No comments: