Saturday, February 9, 2008

Here comes the snow again!!!!

Good morning from Maine! The weatherman tells me we will have another "significant" snowfall late tonight and all day tomorrow. It has snowed every day all week long. It hasn't added up to but a few inches, but the roads are horrible to go anywhere. The town crew hasn't been out to do much of anything but put a lot of sand down. I am so tired of winter and we only have another two or so months to go!

I am back to work after being out for over 2 years. I am traveling to Orono so that means about 150 miles round trip. And now you know why I am bitching about the snow and traveling. I have dealt with black ice, snow, rain and wind...so much wind that I couldn't see very well to drive to work because the wipers would lift off the windshield on the drivers side so they didn't keep the window clear enough to see, and all the crazy drivers who think they can still travel at 80 miles an hour and control their vehicles. Last Wednesday I made 2 calls to 911 with people off the road..one was with a completely missing left front tire from hitting the icy snow banks and the other was down in the ditch and two other people were trying to pull it back onto the Interstate..FACING ME!! What a scare that was to have a set of high beam headlights coming at you from the wrong direction! Then the traffic that had been passing me finally decided that 35 MPH was the best way to get to their destinations. Needless to say, it was over a 2 hour ride home that night! Then when I got to the Lincoln exit the state crew was salting the road..so by the time I got to the Medway exit, I was dealing with icy water all over the windshield and headlights. I was so tense from the ride home, my back was in spasms for 5 days!

I am only working 3 days a week for 4 hours right now. See my doctor on Wednesday to see how I'm doing with this. The ride is bad enough, but the sitting for 4 hours without being able to lay down to take the pressure off my low back/spine is the worst. Thank God for flexeril and my other meds! My sleeping routine is so screwed up that I am doing good to sleep 4/5 hours in all during the night and early morning. And of course it doesn't help with DH and his broken rib. He can't sleep on his right side and is so sore he wakes himself up and me when he moves. I have been reading a lot when I wake up. Last Friday I started the lasted book from JA Jance and finished it in 24 hours...about 400 pages. I couldn't sleep, so might as well do something with my time. LOL (I bought a little light that hooks onto the book instead of using my little mag flashlight.)

I started a sweater for my granddaughter this week too. And finished a pair of wool socks and started another pair to keep in my bag to take to work to work on when we have a break. I have a leisure arts pattern for a sweater that has Precious on the front with roses. Did the back in one evening and have the front done up to half of the precious. It is the cutest pattern. It only goes to a size 24" chest so Sarah won't wear it for long. I will take some pictures later today and post them. I also ordered two skeins of handspun and dyed wool last week and received them. I paid way too much for them and now wished I hadn't done it. It will only make a short pair of wool socks...at $54.00 thats a little too much if you ask me. I thought I would be getting two large skeins of yarn, but needless to say, they are very small..only 2oz each. Why do the pictures always look so LARGE and the product so SMALL when it arrives? Wishful thinking on my part? LOL

Well, going to head back to bed and see if I can get this back pain under control and pick up another couple hours of sleep before I begin my day. Oh well, I will adjust but the question is "WHEN?????" ha ha.

Take care all and KNIT ON!!

No comments: