Sunday, February 17, 2008

Knitting projects on the needles and new yarns I purchased!







I am knitting this little sweater for my granddaughter and a young woman that I am working with. This one will go to her daughter as soon as I get it finished. It is a Leisure Arts pattern that I had knit up many times 10 years ago. I am using Patons yarn that I have left over from my yarn shop days. I like to knit the acrylics for young children..they do clean up easier and those new stain sticks work wonders on stains too!









This is a picture of the sweater with the sleeves at the bottom. I have knit another 20+ rows tonight on it and only have a few more decreases to go and then a couple of row to the cuff. The pattern calls for picking up the sleeve stitches and working it down to the cuff. I find that I do not pick up stitches well enough to do this so I just cast on the amount called for and knit it down to the cuff and then sew it on. That way I can make sure its even!










Ordered this yarn off the internet through the sockyarn sales. I forgot that 2 oz of yarn is not a lot...so I ordered two skeins with the intention of knitting a high cuff on the socks. I hope there is enough there to make a pair of nice socks for me. This was a costly buy and I hope the yarn is worth it. Will start the socks when I get the two "Precious" sweaters done. Have a pair of worsted weight socks still on the needles..those I take to work with me so when I get my breaks I can work on them. Something I don't need to have a pattern to follow...know it by heart!

Posted by Picasa

Yesterday we went to visit our son, daughter in law and our little granddaughter. We didn't stay but 4 hours after the 3 1/2 hour ride over..as I wanted to go to the Alpaca shop in Kingfield..and it closes at 5. We got there and I bought 8 skeins of alpaca from her and they are from her own llamas. They were $12.00 a skein..2 oz. I am going to make some socks for Christmas gifts, so I want them to be a nice long cuff on them so that is why I bought 8 skeins. I had bought a pair of socks for my DH before Christmas from this lady, but she didn't make them..they were from a company but were alpaca. DH loves them..says they really keep his feet warm in this cold weather when outside working. You can look at the shop and llamas on line at http//:www.sugarloafalpacasofmaine.com I am going to order a red alpaca scarf from her soon...to go with my new dark gray coat I bought last week.

We had a great time visiting...Sarah is getting so big and too smart for her britches. She tries everything we do now..haha. And she has us all wrapped around her finger too! Her hair if finally growing in..the back is getting long and she doesn't like it when it touches her neck...but the top is still slow growing. If she takes after me, she won't have a full head of hair until she is 4 or older. lol

Well, time for bed..work tomorrow at 9 am so will have to leave her by 7...and the weather is supposed to be crappy again! Snow, ice and then heavy rain all day. I think it is snowing out now, but haven't looked out the window lately. I will be so glad to see summer this year. Bugs and all!!! We haven't had snow like this in years even though it was the norm when we were children. My parents took a lot of movies back then and we have them on tape..the snow was to the roof on the porch many times..and dad would have to climb out the bedroom window to get to the road where the plow had gone by and start shoveling by hand to open a path to the front door. So Mother Nature is just giving us a dose of reality like we had 45 years ago!

Take care all and KNIT ON!

No comments: