Thursday, January 25, 2007

knitting, snow, and more cold weather!



Tried to do this yesterday, but the site went down while trying to publish this. Just my luck! Here is a picture I took from the street I live on. The mountain is beautiful covered with snow. We are blessed to have this scenery every day. You can see we got a little bit of snow that last storm...lol


Here is a picture of the wool socks I knit for my DGD. She is only 5 1/2 months so these should fit her this season...I hope. She has really long feet and the ones she has from the store are too short. So Grandma to the rescue. If these fit, I have a lot of left over wool to make a couple more pair for her. As you can see, my foot is there too! It shows just how little this pair of socks are. They will keep baby Sarah nice and warm.

Starting writing this earlier today, and now it's 10:00 pm. The weather is very, very cold tonight. Tonto went out and I made sure I let him back in 10 minutes later. He was right there to come in too! No waiting for him to decide if he was coming in now or later...lol It is -9F and wind-chill is -19F. I went to my cousins house this evening to show her how to do the heel and to pick up the stitches. It was cold when I went over to her house, but it was extremely cold when I left to come home at 9. BBBBBRRRRRRRRRR Heater was just starting to blow hot air when I turned in my driveway.

Well, it is time to head to bed..too cold to be sitting here at the computer when I could be in my flannel jammies curled up next to hubby...he's better then a wood stove on this kind of night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you will be proud to know I have been knitting. I bought a kit intended for an 8 year old and am making Emma a little knit purse. Seems to be coming along sloooowly but I will finish it in my spare time which now is limited with it being the busy season. I might even send you a picture of it!

Love you guys! XOXOXO

Sharon said...

I love your granddaughter's socks. they do look warm. I love knitting for my 20 month old grandson, and just finished up a pr of knee socks out of 6 ply opal. I'm heading downstate on Tuesday so will see if they fit. I had his foot length but had to guess on the calf and to the knee length.
regards,
Sharon