Friday, February 2, 2007

Ground Hog Day 2007



Well, the ground hog didn't see his shadow..so an early spring is expected LOL.
And horrible weather in Fl. Called my niece today to see if she was hurt. She said no, that they had slept through it all. It didn't happen near her. Thank God for that! It is so sad that all the destruction and death! It was a night event, so most of them were sleeping. Latest news I was listening to said 14 are dead. God Bless those poor people.

Got up this morning and couldn't see across the street. FOG! After it lifted the whole town looks like an big ice crystal. Here are some pictures I took while waiting for the truck to warm up and defrost the windows. WOW!! It is sure pretty. We have had 8 or 9 days straight of below 0F temps and today we have fog. Only in the low twenties right now.




The first picture is of the paper mill that is right across the street from us. It has been downsized and a lot of things have been removed or demolished.



This is a picture I took while stopped at the light by McDonald's. It shows the trees in the distance.




This I took while driving down Central Street hill by Peddler's Hill. It is so pretty to look at. I hope you enjoy them.



A little closer then the first one. Still driving (which really isn't too smart is it? lol) I am so glad my camera takes such great pictures.









Knitting at this time: I am working on some fun fur hats that are being given to teens at a hospital in Mass. It is for teens having Chemo treatments. They are easy to make, and there isn't much thought going into this knitting. Have three done and started a fourth one last night.

Waiting for another snowstorm tonight. I don't think we will get much. Hubby is worried he will have to work the graveyard shift if it does snow. Nothing yet. But the cold is coming back in full force late Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I hate below zero weather! Got my shopping done after the doctors this morning so I am all set for 6 days. Love going early morning...get a good choice of the discounted meats. We are having bake-stuffed haddock tonight, tacos tomorrow and beef stew Sunday. Monday is chicken..not sure if it will be a whole one or just two breasts stuffed. I hate shopping for food! Pay to eat it then you pay to flush it away. Got ya coming and going! ha ha ha on that one!

No comments: