Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Anna's socks are finished! Jan 3, 2007


I finished the wool socks for my daughter in law (DIL) this evening. I am going to start another pair for my husband (DH) from the same color yarn. I was able to make Anna's socks with just one skein of yarn with just a smidgen left over. Tomorrow I will get out the skirt I started a few years ago and finish it up. I hope to get it done for Anna by her birthday the end of this month. I will add a couple of pictures of the two pieces I have done.

The weather today was very nice, but the wind was nippy. I wore my new ice cleats out again today. The yard is so icy and slippery. Am hoping the sun will melt a lot of it in the next couple of days. DH went to the town garage and got some sand. He sanded the driveway and our neighbors driveway too. It will just melt tomorrow and freeze over again at night. LOL

It is a full moon now..took a couple of pictures of it this afternoon about 4:15 o'clock. It will be another cool night with no clouds.




As you can see, it was a nice bright moon.

Well, time for bed. Need my beauty rest. LOL Oh yeah, got my knitting book I won in eBay today. It is holiday arans from Sirdar. It is used and marked up, which I don't mind, but it smells like old cigarette smoke. UGGGGHHHHH I will have to put it in a bag with a bounce fabric softener sheet for a few days...that should take care of the smell.

No comments: