Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Life in Maine sucks right now!

Well, is there any place out there that has some nice summer weather? I am so sick of this winter weather I could scream. We got snow,sleet, ice and rain today. The yard is full of frozen snow and ice covers the car and truck. It's is just so hard to understand why it's raining when it's 17 F and 9F with the windchill. We haven't lost our lights and hope we don't. Had a checkup with my back surgeon this morning and was supposed to go to work. Well I didn't get to either one of them. There was no school in just about every town from Bangor north. It was just too dangerous to chance a ride on the interstate in these conditions. I hope they don't fire me...lol. Thank goodness I have a lot of sick time to use up. If I get done working and the hours are still there, I don't get paid for them.

After trying to get Social Security Disability for the last 14 years, I finally won my appeal. I will be able to still work a little bit and not affect the SSD. I am still trying to get Workers Comp to pay my medical bills from my fall on the ice in 2005 at work and nothing yet! I got a bill from the hospital for $50,000 for my knee replacement. At the bottom of the statement it had "We take all major credit cards"! Like anyone has a limit of $50,000 on a credit card. If I had that kind of money I wouldn't need a credit card. DH and I have been having a good laugh over that since we got the bill. Unbelievable!!!!

Going to dig out the wool lace skirt I started for my DIL a couple of years ago and get that finished up. I promised that I would finish up a lot of the WIPs I have and get them out of the way. Or either that take them to the FROG POND and RIP IT, RIP IT, RIP IT!!! ha ha

Night all...off to the living room to knit and watch some TV before bed.

KNIT ON!!

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

I really don't want to tell you what my weather is like today! All that snow! Wow! My little ones love your pictures of the snow -- when we were visiting Maine last summer everything was green! Spring will come soon...have hope! Take care and keep warm. :)