Saturday, April 5, 2008

Aunt Ellen

Wednesday was my Aunt Ellen's 94Th birthday. Her granddaughter brought her to the hospital and she is there still today having severe breathing problems. I went to visit her yesterday and it was so hard to watch her trying to get enough air into her lungs. I didn't stay very long, it was just too much for me to watch. I do plan on going up tonight to see her again. She is alert and in good spirits, but struggling to breath. After watching my mother, father in law, mother in law and brother in law die and the difficulties they had to breath, I just do not have it in me to sit there and watch auntie. Love her dearly, but I just don't want to see her suffering. I hope the rest of the family understands.

I have been knitting on the aran sweater for DGD. I have the back and the two fronts done. I have the two sleeves started as of last night. I will try to get some pictures posted soon. I hope to have this done by next Saturday when we go to visit our son and family! Sarah will look so good in it...it will be big, but she will be able to wear it for a while. I have knit a few other sweaters that she has already outgrown...so this one will last a year or more.

KNIT ON!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I hope your Aunt Ellen is ok.