Monday, April 14, 2008

Aran Cardigan



Here is a picture of the cardigan that I am knitting for Sarah. I am using Encore,worsted weight yarn from Plymouth Yarn. It is 75% acrylic and 25% wool. This way Mom can wash it when it gets dirty. I have made many of these sweaters as gifts for friends and family...HAD to make one for Sarah! The pattern is from "Country Arans for children". It was put out by Plymouth Yarn. The first printing came from Paton's in the late 80's. I have this one left over from my yarn shop days. Have some buttons that I had purchased in Canada many years ago when we went to a big craft fair in New Brunswick. Can't remember the person who made them, but will be perfect for this sweater.





Here are the roses that I got from my son, daughter in law and granddaughter for my birthday today! Also got cards from family and friends, both email and snail mail. (And you can see all my knitting books in the background in the book case.) DH took me out for supper tonight too! And then we went to the local greenhouse to see whats growing there...NOTHING! Debbie won't be starting up the furnace until Wednesday when all the plants arrive. Got my order in early for some hanging planters of vegetables for camp. Won't be able to bend to tend the garden, so will just have them in planters and on the deck. We have some 5 gallon buckets we are going to put tomato plants in along with cukes and peppers. Hope to get the big half potato barrels filled again and plant some radishes in them. LOVE fresh radishes. Love fresh veggies anytime! But to have them fresh in Maine is a hard thing to get in the winter months. They are either not fresh and coated in wax or just not tasty when we get the hot house ones.

Well, off to work on the cardigan for Sarah and go visit Aunt Bubbles at the nursing home with DC.

KNIT ON!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kathleen Colligan said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. So sorry to read about Aunt but it is good she is no longer suffering. I love your duck and deer shots.We get deer in our yard but never that many. Your cardigan is so beautiful wow..

Cactusneedles said...

I like your cardigan! Looks great! Happy Birthday! :)

Sheila said...

Happy belated Birthday. I am a little behind in my blog reading!

Unknown said...

I love the sweater, I made the same sweater for my daughter, Sarah a few years ago, but I lost the pattern. I am trying to find a copy of the pattern, is there any possibility you could copy it for me.

Ann in CT