Sunday, March 11, 2007

Aran Jacket Progress II


Hubby and I took a ride into camp today to get some more firewood. We have gone through so much this year. We ran out a few weeks ago and had to take the seasoned stuff from the camp to use at our home in town. I got to knit some while he threw wood into the truck bed. I got a few pictures too. I have about 27" so far. I really want to make the coat (33"+ shoulder shaping) but do not know if I will have enough with 13 skeins. When I made the first one for Laura http://picturetrail.com/mainelywoolyns.com I used coned yarn..and I had 4 of them. I didn't have to worry about running out for that one. I think I will finish the back and then do the arms. I always knit them together on the same needle so I will be able to determine how many skeins I will have left to do the two fronts, the hood and the bands...if I remember correctly, that bands took almost a skein of yarn to do.

The more I knit on this the better I like my color. Loved it when I bought it, but wasn't too crazy about it when I started winding it. Now I am in a hurry to get it done, as Spring is just around the corner. Today was the official first day of MUD season for our area. All the rain we got last night and the wonderful warm winds too helped to melt a lot of the snow yesterday. Today it is 43F and cloudy, a little breeze that is heaven after the winds last week. Wore the cabled hooded sweater I knit for DH last summer. It can be seen at www.picturetrail.com/mainelywoolyns...just look for the bright blue one hanging from a tree. lol We had to use 4 wheel drive to get to the camp because of all the mud there where we had snow a few days ago. Hope this means we will have the roads ready to let us move in some time in April. I love being up there, so it will be a good place for me to recoup from the next round of surgery I will have in May on my back. I hope I will be healed enough to go fishing in August...that is my favorite time to go...white perch are jumping and plentiful. I do catch and release unless it is a super size one...and I will keep it alive in water while I fish. If I don't catch a few more to make a nice big meal of them, I release what I have. They are tough fish, not like trout or salmon, so they usually revive and take off quickly when they hit the open water.

Well, I am going to go watch Matlock on Hallmark and knit some more on the aran jacket. Want to get the back done tonight.






Here is a picture I took today of the lake. You can see all the snowmobile tracks in our yard on to the lake. Still enough ice for a while. People were out ice fishing today on the other end of the lake. Here you can see sticks where they had drilled holes. This lets people know where they are so they won't hit them with their sleds. They freeze up quickly at night and the sticks stay until spring thaw.

No comments: