Friday, March 16, 2007

Another day and another bad knitting day too


Here is a picture of one of my cats...Samantha. She will be 16 years old the end of April. I came downstairs this morning and caught her on the couch. HD doesn't want them on the furniture, but when he's not looking they all do. I have 4 cats. DH was at work so Samantha just decided to sleep there all day. When he got home at 3 and caught her, she couldn't get down fast enough. LOL And they say you can't teach cats. BS They know when DH is not home. I let them lay with me but they do not get on him unless he calls them over. Hubby doesn't hit them but is firm with his voice and they mind. Me, just like having my son at home again...in one
ear and out the other...haha I have two innies and two outies as I call them. Two that go outside and two that stay in all the time. The two innies, Samantha and Feather, were injured when they were weeks old. Tonto and Penny were older when I found them and do not want to be in. The innies girls were found at the horse hovel we have here outside of our town. Feather was stepped on by a horse and had a broken leg and pelvis. She couldn't eat she was so little. Had to teach her how to from a saucer...her belly dragged in the food for weeks until she grew. She will be 12 in May. Penny is 10 and Tonto is 14. Getting old my babies are.

Got up and starting knitting on my Aran sweater today. I have the two fronts going and thought I was getting a good start..then I noticed I forgot to add the 3 stitches just like on the back! Talk about a Senior Moment !!!!! I need a new and younger brain! tee hee hee Was on row 33 so had to go back to row 14. Hate being so old and stupid at times...haha Oh well. While reading the directions for the fronts, I made note of what row to put the pockets in. HA HA Now to remember to do it on that row! Dang, it sucks to be old... I will be a speed limit on April 14. So I think that is a hint for me to slow down a bit and enjoy life. To me that means more knitting and less of everything else..including eating.

Back to the fronts. Hubby and I watch Pirates of the Carribean Dead Mans Chest this evening. It was a good one again. Enjoyed the first one more. Now to see what Disney does for the next one. Back to knitting...knit while I watched...when the scenes were exciting, I knit faster and faster. HD wanted to know if I thought I was helping them going that fast. tee hee What a guy!

Well, time for bed...need my beauty sleep tonight! Have a lot to do tomorrow if we do get all the snow they are predicting...up to 22"!! Just what we need...more snow to plow! Oh well...Hubby will be getting called in tomorrow morning..overtime!!

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY to one and all!!

1 comment:

AnneB said...

Don't we all love to knit while looking out our windows at this new deep Maine snow. 12" plus ice hanging in the trees. I join you in senior moments while knitting. Love your Aran!

Anne