Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sarah's new dress and other items I've knit lately

Posted by Picasa

All this little summer dress needs is the crochet trim around the neck and arm holes. Took it to my friend this morning so she can do this for me. I do not crochet well so I am not going to even attempt it. Nadine said she will have it done today so I can give it to my son when he gets to Bangor tomorrow to sit with his father during my back surgery. I used microsoft yarn from Bernet (I think) and it worked up fine. So soft and tiny. Made the size one. The pattern is from Minnowknits too. And I started the sun rompers yesterday from the same book. This will be knit with a cotton and acrylic blend. Hope it fits her for the summer. Looks so tiny but measured her Saturday while they were here for a visit and it should fit. Oh well have enough yarn left to make the next size if I have to.




The hat it finished and it fits Grace. So will make another one for Sarah while recouping the next 4 to 6 weeks. I enjoyed this pattern so won't mind making another one. Will have enough yarn left to make a little one with two colors...brim is going to be purple and the rest in white. Should be cute don't you think?
Posted by Picasa


Knit this little place mat for my cats water and food dish. It is from dishcloth cotton and is just the right size. Had a lake association meeting so got most of it done that 2 hours we were there. LOL and who said I can't knit and talk at the same time? lol

Well tomorrow is my big day at EMMC. I am really scared to have this surgery..so much could go wrong..but then again so much could go right! And right is what I am praying for. No more pain meds, no more leg and knee pain, no more back swelling and pain! It is the only way to stop all this and I guess if God has given us this knowledge I am going to be on the receiving end of that gift the doctor was given. I will not be posting for 4 to 6 weeks as I can't do any driving. I can only walk and lay down for that time frame too. I can knit standing and laying down, so I am all set in that department. And then again, I can knit almost anywhere. I am going to have physical therapy at the house as I have no way to drive into town. DH is taking 3 weeks off to take care of me again. What a man I have! What a lucky woman I am to have him and I make sure I tell him every day. He will have to put up with me like he did last fall with the knee replacement. There is no way the pain can be that bad again. Most of my knee pain is from this back injury. I just hope this lamanectomy does the trick. I have lived with this pain for many years now and to be pain free or almost, is going to be something new for me.

I have my knitting projects all lined up to do. I have to put the Joat together and do the button bands and the hood and that is done. I have Cassandras yarn and pattern and needles all ready to go for her sweater. And I have plenty of sock yarn to play with too. I think that is what I am putting in my knitting back for the hospital too! Socks are so easy to do and not to have to look at a pattern is great too! I just make a very simple sock, but very warm and wearable for this climate.

Well, take care folks...will post again in July when I am able to drive myself to town to use the PC. No phone up in the woods, so no PC, which makes more time for knitting! lol

KNIT ON!

1 comment:

Cactusneedles said...

I'll be thinking of you. Sending positive and great thoughts your way. Great knitting, very cute. Take care of yourself and I'll check back in with you in a month or so!! :)