Friday, May 11, 2007

%$&&&&###@@!!*&*^%$%#@#$%^ HAT!

Really pisses me off when you make something the second time from the same brand of yarn and you run out of yarn just 10 rows short on the decreases. Damn, Damn, Damn!! I have the purple hat almost done and I ran out of purple yarn...Same size, same exact amount of stitches, same number of rows and I RAN OUT! At ten bucks a skein, this little hat is going to be the expensive one. Sent an email out to Rosemary and she said she would ask her rep that was coming next week why this happened to me. I asked her to send me two more of the purple and I will make a larger hat for my great niece who is 4. I have more then enough of the white to do these two hats so not going to have to buy any more of that one. You only need it for the flower and the cord to tighten the hat with.

Hubby wants to move to camp tomorrow...and I don't really want to yet. I like having a TV and phone at my beck and call. We have decided not to turn the satellite back on because of the price of gas and him having to travel to work and back 5 times a week. Didn't mind it when it was 2 bucks a gallon, but this 3 bucks or more is going to put a big damper on a lot of things for us. All we will have to pay up there will be for the cell phone and the electricity and propane. Propane as filled last fall before we came back to town so will go all summer on that. We use it for the stove and hot water tank..so will just have to keep the temp down when its not in use to save on that too. But we will have the house...water bill, sewer bill, lights and phone. It used to be worth shutting the phone off but now with the cell phone we don't so we still have the computer at home to use when we come to town.

This really blows my mind...at our age we are now having to skimp and save on everything we do....no more leaving a light on just because! No more taking a ride around town for something to do...we literally are being held prisoners in our home because of the greed of the oil companies! What a life this is! Land of plenty all right. Just not enough money to do anything with. And our light bills will be going up next month and our water bill will be jumping up another 23% in June too. No raise for the workers, but all the utilities are getting them! Next we'll be out on the street..and not just me...it will be me and you! The rich get richer and the poor get poorer!! God Bless America! We need it! And Iraq!!!! Do not get me started on that one. Our poor soldiers dying for a people that hates us! The whole world hates us! We need to tell them to shove it up where the sun don't shine and take care of us! What a tax relief that would be to us all. Just think of all that money we give to the whole world and we can't even be bothered to take care of ourselves...but uncle SAM knows best...just ask George! lol

Enough of that..so I will step off my soap box and let someone else take over. (Bowing)

Sorry about that...back to knitting.

Have one sock cuff knitted for my sock swap. I have never done one of these and the lady I got is in MN so she will love a pair of Maine Made wool socks. We decided to swap after summer is over. Will give her time to knit hers up and me time to make several pair and then decide which ones I will send her. She said she has only been knitting for a few years and it takes her a couple of months to knit up a pair. Not me...two days and I'm done with a pair. But I have been knitting socks for almost 40 years and only do one kind of pattern..no fancy designs in them, no holes to let the cold air in and I just like to make them simple...lol

Have my projects all ready for camp too. Have my needles all in the bags and ready to be put back in the plastic containers I have for my knitting supplies that I take to camp every year. And will leave projects some here in shopping bags with the patterns in them so hubby can just bring them up when I need them. Do not have all that much room up there to store them so the house in town will have no one living in it that will need the space they will take up...just can't leave them on the furniture...haha no cats so no need. They will be going with us too.

Well off to read my email and off to bed already past midnight so it's tomorrow! lol

KNIT ON!


Just reading this email from my niece wow if this isn't the truth! Whoever wrote this did a good job...Well written!

Subject: Take down the bird feeder. . . . . . . . .

This is really something to think about. It might just solve a lot of the
on-going problems in America today. I agree with the theory anyway. If you
don't----that's your right too.
I bought a bird feeder & hung it on my back porch and filled it with seed.
Within a week we had hundreds of birds taking advantage of the continuous
flow of free and easily accessible food. But then the birds started
building nests in the boards of the patio, above the table, and next to the
barbecue.

Then came the poop. It was everywhere: on the patio tile, the chairs, the
table...everywhere. Then some of the birds turned mean: They would dive
bomb me and try to peck me even though I had fed them out of my own pocket.
And others birds were boisterous and loud: They sat on the feeder and
squawked and screamed at all hours of the day and night and demanded that I
fill it when it got low on food.

After a while, I couldn't even sit on my own back porch anymore. I took down
the bird feeder and in three days the birds were gone. I cleaned up their
mess and took down the many nests they had built all over the patio. Soon,
the back yard was like it used to be...quite, serene and no one demanding
their rights to a free meal.

Now lets see...our government gives out free food, subsidized housing,
free medical care, free education and allows anyone born here to be a
automatic citizen. Then the illegal's came by the tens of thousands.
Suddenly our taxes went up to pay for free services; small apartments are
housing 5 families: you have to wait 6 hours to be seen by an emergency room
doctor. Your child's 2nd grade class is behind other schools because over
half the class doesn't speak English:

Corn Flakes now come in a bilingual box;

I have to press "one" to hear my bank talk to me in English;
AND, people waving flags other than "Old Glory" are squawking and screaming
in the streets, demanding more rights and free liberties.

Maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder......

2 comments:

Cactusneedles said...

To answer your question: I was born in Augusta and lived in Jefferson until I was about five. Both my parents are from Maine. My dad from Presque Isle area and my mom from Waterville/Winslow area. Hope things get better. I sympathize about the utilities. Out here it's the water and now the electric going up. Going to be a long, hot summer.

SinKnitty said...

That sucks about your running out of yarn. That has happened to me and I hate it. Out her in Las Vegas our power bills are out of control, especialy since I stay home with my boys I can't really turn off the airconditioning when it's over 90 by 10 am.