Tuesday, May 15, 2007

OLLIE! 1997-2007


Today my son and his wife had their dog OLLIEWOOD put down. She has hip-dysplacia and was to the point that she was in so much pain and unable to get up and walk without tripping over her back legs and falling by son finally had to have the vet come to the house today and take her to the rainbow bridge. We will miss you OLLIE, Grammies puppy! This was our sons first dog and he loved her so much. She was found in West Virginia when my son and then girlfriend worked at North America River Runners outside Hico. Ollie was abandoned at a very young 6/7 weeks of age at an old abandoned air field. She was crying and in a big pile of tires when my son found her. He took her to the vet and had her evaluated to see if she was worth saving. She was and she has had a wonderful life with them and us.

I was told not to let her get on the bed or furniture, but when they were traveling, we would puppy sit her and I spoiled her rotten. I would let her sleep in bed after hubby went to work in the morning. She took right over the big horse! She would sleep with her head on grampys pillow and try to push me off the bed by pushing on my back with her legs...lol What a good memory of her! She has always had an old spirit. She never was really a puppy. She was very meek and mild, but was afraid of children. She never bit them, but her eyes would tell that story so we just had to watch her when she met new kids...but afterwards they were her best friend. Baby Sarah will only have pictures of the big blond Ollie.

My son said that he buried her out in the back by the big apple tree and the back side of the garden as it was her favorite place to be when outside. I am so glad we went over a couple of weeks ago to see her...OLLIE WE WILL MISS YOU! Love Grammy and Grampy!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I'm sorry Ollie had to be put down. You have some good memories of her.