Friday, April 27, 2007

Sun Hat for Sarah! Ducks in Spring!




Took a ride to Medway to drop off some old filing cabinets DH got from the mill for a friend and saw these two Mallard ducks sitting on the rocks by a puddle of water in someones front yard. The ice is still on the lakes so they are looking for water! lol too funny! These are a male and female pair so they are ready to be building a nest and get those babies going. AHHH Mother Nature at its best!



I received my yarn on Wednesday. Have it all ready to go and decided to start the hat last night while watching CSI. I think the easy part is going to be knitting the brim. I hate picking up stitches and will have to do that for the top of the hat. I have the brim of the hat last night and have taken a couple of pictures to show you how much I have done. I am using King Tut cotton yarn in Denim. Have it in purple for the second one. I hope that I can get this done soon as I want to put the JOAT together and get the hood started. I have decided that I won't need the Aran Coat until fall now so no big hurry. Take off the pressure and I will want to finish it sooner rather than later. lol I hope this thought process works! Oh well.

Well off to Lincoln to get the Truck fixed...damn engine light came on and need to drive to the main dealer to get it fixed. They don't have the computer that is needed here in Millinocket. Pisses me off. Did not buy out of town cause we didn't want to travel to repair it and now we find out we have to drive to lincoln to fix it. Really really pisses me off. A 45 minute drive, the wait while they put it on the computer and then the drive back. Gas went up to $2.95.9 a gallon yesterday. And that gas hog will cost me about 15-20 bucks for the trip. Really really Pisses me OFF! GGRRRRR.
Oh well enough bitching "Get-R-Done! I am grateful that we have a 3 year bumper to bumper warrantee on this Dodge.

So off to get ready and bring my knitting while I wait. Take care all and
KNIT ON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynn,
I like your blog, (got the link from the Knitlist) and it's nice to LOOK at snow. Your Joat is beautiful. Is it your own pattern? We spoke on the phone a couple of years ago when you were down in FL to see your Dad and you almost made it to our B & N Sunday knitting group. I was the one who was going to pick you up, :)

Dianne R. in Pinellas Park, FL