Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring is here!!

Yesterday was just so unbelievable...the weatherman deserves a gold star right in the middle of his forehead for this day! He was right on!!! It as almost 70F and the snow is melting like crazy! So much so, I think we are going to camp today on the 4-wheelers. I cleaned the seats off really good yesterday and now to see if they will start today for us. They should, Louie got them ready for us to use a couple of weeks ago and then we got more snow and more snow. Today it supposed to be a repeat of yesterday so I pray my back and leg don't act up too much that I don't get to go to camp. The road is closed so 4-wheeler is the only way in. Alan and I plan on leaving after noon time..when the Kenduskeag River race is no longer broadcast on Channel 5. I wish we could go watch it live one of these years, but it sure isn't going to be this one. This little river is a raging river for a few weeks each spring from run off. And of course we got a 4-8 inches of rain this week too! It depends on what end of the state you live at to determine how much rain you got. The coast got hit really bad and has been declared a disaster area by the governor. People lost their homes because of the astronomical waves at high tide those days the Nor'easter tore through our state.

Snow, snow and more snow. On Monday we got a little snow and then rain. Tuesday we got snow! And more snow!! I didn't even bother to go out and plow hoping it would melt the next day....and it did! So that was a good thing! lol

At SugarLoaf USA at Carrabasset Valley they received over 95" of snow these last couple of storms. One day alone was over 45". Our son is not able to work because the house that he is working at had so much snow that they couldn't open the roads on the mountain. A lot of people were stranded for a few days...no power either!! DS said he had a call from his boss that they were going to have to wait a few days until the front end loaders could remove the snow off the roads up there for them to return to work...wow UNBELIEVABLE!!! SugarLoaf is staying open a couple extra weeks because of all the new snow. The best skiing they have had this season....bet there are a lot of bikini skiers out there! LOL The news showed a man shoveling under the pods so they could move....buried under the heavy wet snow and unable to move them...and people could not get on them either. The man shoveling was standing in the snow and it was about 3 feet taller then he was. WOW that's a lot of snow in any mans language.

I have been plugging away at my sleeves. I wish this would go faster. It seems the more I knit the less there is done. LOL Can you tell Im getting tired of this project. I am only knitting at night so not really that much progress. I have been itchin' to get started on the little cotton hat for DGD. It is Fiber Trends CH-18. I do not have any cotton yarn in my stash so I have been shopping the net for some. Think I am going to use King Tut in a purple. Wanted to do a yellow one too, but at $9.95 a skein, I think one hat will be enough for now. Next year I can knit the second size for her in the yellow. I also want to get going on the cotton dress and jumper I have already bought the yarn for. And Cassandra wants a sweater too! I will be busy while laid up this summer won't I?? Love it!

Well, the races are just starting so I am off to the couch to watch and do a little knitting while I watch the people fall into the icy cold (38F) rushing waters!! Some people will do anything to get on TV!!

Take care and I hope to have some pics to post of our ride to camp later today!

KNIT ON!!

No comments: