Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Aran Joat Sleeves

 
Here are the sleeves....love the color and all the cat hair that has just magically appeared! Damn Cats! Love 'em, hair and all.

 
Close ups of the cables.

 
 

Finally got a couple of photos to show. They are almost done..just need to bind off and that will take 8 rows. I am hoping not to have to use another skein of yarn. If I don't I may have enough to make baby Sarah a little aran jacket to match Grandmas! Or maybe a hat and scarf for me to match. Will have to wait and see.

Started to clean our bedroom today. Got just a little done and my back just wouldn't take it. So back to bed to rest and do nothing. I try not to feel sorry for myself, but it's spring and I have so much to do before my surgery in May. We can't move to camp yet. The road is still closed. The lake is still froze solid and theres a ton of snow to contend with and I am not going to battle snow any more. So I will try to get things done around here.

Want to have a yard sale before we move to camp. I asked my cousin if is she was still interested in doing one. I know we can do one later this summer..so not biggy. Will just put my stuff in boxes and mark them as I go. That way even DH can do one! LOL Can't you see that! HA! HA! HA! Yeah right. He just wants the money.

I ordered King Tut cotton yarn from Rosemary's Gift and Yarns yesterday. I was hoping I got the order in before the mail service had gone out so I might get it today. But I didn't. I should be here tomorrow. One of the good things about having a LYS in Maine..only takes one day to get it.

I had placed an order with another shop in Washington state and I am still waiting for it. It took a week before the even acknowledged they got it..and that was after I emailed them to see if they had. PayPal paid them the very day I placed the order so I knew that wasn't what was holding it up. Now to see how many days it takes to get to me. It is mostly sock yarn for DC. She is going to learn to make herself some nice socks to wear all the time. Not just winter ones. She will be using metal needles as she knits very tight and I'm afraid she might break bamboo ones. LOL She has done so good with her knitting. She really has good tension and is better at that then I am...!!! She has no ladders in her ribbing like I do. I have been trying to figure out how she does that, and I think it's because she pulls each stitch before and after she drops it off the needle. ????

DC and I are going to be knitting sun hats as soon as my yarn gets here. The pattern is from Fiber Trends CH-18. I think??? Can't remember the number right now. That is what the King Tut is for. I ordered a bright purple and denim and white for the flower. I will have enough to make two of them for her. Going to make the 18" around one for her. Will post pictures when we get started.

Well, need my beauty rest so it's off to bed. Take care all and

KNIT ON!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheila said...

The cables are gorgeous. Your Joat is turning out nicely. Hope you start thawing out up there. It is Springtime here in the desert with great temperatures but we will start heating up and be over a 100 the end of June. Sometimes I think the cold is better. I can put more layers on and sweaters. There is only so much you can take off! lol