Monday, November 10, 2008

Our cat family


This is Tonto. He had most of his teeth pulled last Tuesday and is finally getting back to being himself...old bastard! He is 16 1/2 years old. DH said it would have been cheaper to put him down then to pull the teeth, but that was all that is wrong with him so I gave him some more time with us. He will have a hard time until his gums heal, but he is already eating the dry food. Maybe he won't kill all my squirrels and birds next summer...lol


This is Feather. She came from the hovel and had been stepped on by the horses. Her pelvis and back leg were broken. She was so little she didn't know how to eat food. Took her to the vet and then kept her in a cage for a month. All that time we spent teaching her how to eat moist food by making it into almost a liquid...it didn't take long for her to learn and heal up. She bonded with DH and she still thinks he's her mother. She is 14 years old.



This is Samantha. Always up for special attention from us. She is no longer with us. I still find myself looking for her or calling her name when I call the others...lol



An this is Penny. She is the youngest of our cats. She has had a hard life. She came to us after someone dropped her and her sister off and they had given birth to 4 kittens each. We took them in, mothers and kittens, and then found homes for the kittens. Kept the mothers and had them fixed. The other one we called Shadow as she had no voice. Penny made up for that!! We lost her about 2 years after she came to us. We still think someone took her home as she was so bright white and pretty. They were both so starved and thin when they found us.


Knitting is coming along fine. Working on too many projects right now. So only going to work on the one that I have for my DILs friend Wendy. I have the front, back and the two sleeves done and sewing it up today. I will then start on the hood. Hope to have it done by this weekend. We will see. Then to start the little cabled blue sweater for our new grandson that is due in Jan.

Well, back to knitting. Take care all and

KNIT ON!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Glad to see you are feeling better. Nice to see you taking in cats/kittens that others don't keep. we are a throw away society. Good to see someone caring these animals.

Gretchen said...

Hi Lynn, I see you love kitties too. And you're a mighty fine knitter. My grands are at that teen age where they change their minds about what they like every 10 minutes so they are next to impossible to knit for these days. Enjoy your GD while she's little! Never been to Maine but always thought I would love it. I designed a slipper to represent Maine in a book but the book is in limbo for the time being. Thanks for reading my blog. I usually keep up with it a lot better but as you can see, this year has been a hard one. Hope your ankle heals up fast!

Hugs, Gretchen

Cactusneedles said...

Love the picts of your 'kids'! I won't tell you what the weather's been like here! Soooo not fall! Hope all's well with you and yours! More grandbabies for you to knit for! Take care:)

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

I'm such a sucker for a good cat story! Nice knitting and blog. You are a kind soul!

Happy knitting!