Sunday, September 9, 2007

Summer is Over in Maine!

Hi knitters,
Been a great summer for me and my family. I got a ton of knitting done too! Finished my Joat last month. Hope to have pictures downloaded soon so I can show you how nice it came out. And I have had a chance to wear it too! Today it is only 62F and now the rain has started. I had to come to town to get a zipper and some floss to finish the little outfit I am sewing for Sarah. It is polor fleece and I have having a good time with it. It's been many years since I've done any serious sewing projects, but I thought, why not, I have everything so lets give it a try. Now my DIL wants to learn to sew. We are going to get her the notions as a Christmas gift.

My back has been healing quite nicely all summer. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't do things...I hope I will be able to in time.

We have had some really bad Thunder storms this summer. I actually videoed one in August. It was fun to watch it today.

We got out bill of sale for our camp lot Thursday. We are both in shock! I never in a million years thought they would price them out of everyones reach. We are going to try to get it financed, but we will be forced to sell out summer home now. Just when you think things can't get any worse and they do! Oh well, we had 10 wonderful years at the lake. It is time to move on to the next thing in our lives.

I have started a cardigan for Sarah...have pictures downloading so hope to post those soon.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Glad you are back. I would love to see a picture of you in the Joat. Enjoy your autumn. The winter is coming.