Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Summer in Late September!!

Had PT today...getting stronger all the time. The weather here today is very hot and humid...T-storms on the horizon for later today.

Have been doing a lot of knitting and my poor left elbow and wrist can attest to that! I make Sarah an Aran vest from Maine Woods Woollies last week. Anna called and asked me if I could knit one up for her so she can dress her in layers this winter. Did the size 18 months and added an inch to the length and it fits her perfect.

Had family over Saturday. I got to bake and cook like I used to before I fell and hurt myself over 2 years ago. My surgery sure has been a blessing, even though I didn't think it was when I had it. OH well, no pain, no gain. I stuffed and baked four large chickens, mashed potato, corn on the cob and fresh carrots. Love this time of year when all the food is fresh from the farms around here. I made a Graham cracker pie and apple pie...both from scratch...yummy. So nice to be able to stand and do things again.

Below are some pictures of the JOAT I finally got finished. It took longer to put it together then to knit it!!! LOL the button bands took a long time to do also. But now it is finished and I have worn it a few times. People ask me where I bought my sweater...lol. The look on their faces when I say I knit it is worth all the time I put in it.

I am now working on a top down sweater for Cassandra. I have had to TINK it twice now....all the way back to cast on. I hope this time I get it right. Stayed up last night until 12 watching TV and knitting on it. I have it to where the arms are now on stitch holders and I have the body started. The only good thing about this sweater is that I will only have to sew up under the arms when I am done. Do not care for this pattern at all. Maybe that is why I just haven't had the will power to work on it that much. I hope Cassandra likes it. It will look good on her..she is very tall and very thin.

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: