Monday, January 22, 2007

Knitting Sunday

Spend most of my day Sunday at my cousins house teaching her how to knit socks. She caught on really fast with just minimal help. Her husband teased her a lot and kept asking when his new socks would be done. So nice to see a husband encourage his wife to knit. I have a friend who is not allowed to knit when her husband is home. He can't stand the sound of the needles clicking together..LOL I told her to get wooden needles..they don't make such a loud clicking noise. She still only knits when he isn't at home.

I brought my cousin two hanks of Bartlettyarns wool in a nice rich brown color. I also brought DPs in size 5. (They have the curve already in them from a lot of use!) I copied my favorite pattern (a very old, 1945, sock pattern from Red Heart) and taught her how to use the 4 needles. We had a very relaxing afternoon and early evening knitting and talking and catching up on the family, our dads are brothers. I enjoyed myself immensely. Told her to call when she was ready to turn the heel.

The weather was horribly cold again yesterday and has started out very cold again today. supposed to have snow showers off and on all day. Hope we don't get any tomorrow..hate to drive in the snow and have my doctors appointment in Bangor in the afternoon. Don't mind so much when its daylight, but do not care to drive in the dark when it's snowing. Can't trust other drivers any time, but snow is even worse. They all think they can still drive at 70 when the speed limit is down to 45. They are the ones that cause the problems! Oh well, if its snow, I will just keep it in 4 wheel drive and take my good ole time!!

No comments: