Thursday, May 15, 2008

WE ARE MOVING!!!

The waterline is in the lake and the pump is working...hot water tank is on and we are ready to move in tomorrow. I plan on going to the camp early tomorrow morning and getting the fridge and the rest of the cupboards cleaned up and do some laundry. I love to hang clothes out on the line so will be a fun day for me. I got my veggie plants in the pots today and the hanging flowers are now out on the post on the deck! WE ARE MOVING!! The alarm system is working at the house so this year we will have that for security. Lets hope DH remembers the code!!! We are going to stay up tomorrow night and then come home in the morning to bring up the cats. It will be so nice to have quiet again. Last night we listened to our neighbors across the street little girl talking and crying most of the night. We had our windows open and I guess they did too! And the dogs in the neighborhood barked all night long too! And then the paper machine in the mill went down so we had the steam plant screaming at us as the released the steam into the air most of the night too!!! It will be heaven at camp until the fourth of July when everyone moves up from their out of state homes for the next month or so. Oh well. That won't be bad..we are just about the last camp on the road so we don't get their traffic, just the 4-wheelers during the day. And the people that own party boats ride around and talk. But the nights are quiet and it is so nice!!! Crickets, frogs, loons, and the birds...lol

I had my MRI yesterday. I didn't make it through the first set when I started to get upset so they brought me out and let me calm down. The 3 ladies decided to put me in feet first for the next 45 minutes if I could go back in and finish the first set. I had enough Valium in me to float a house, but it didn't help. The last time I went in they gave me xanax and it worked very, very good. No problems at all. And I couldn't have any music as they had to put my head in the device so the headset wouldn't fit. DARN!! It is an awful feeling to be in something like that and scared to death of it. I guess the fear I had from being locked up in that little room in the cellar as a small child still rears its ugly head from time to time! At least now I know what it is and why it happens. And I was able to talk myself into knowing that I could get out and no one would keep me there..especially after they took me out the first time. I had the first full set without the contrast and then they brought me out again and said to not move at all...the computer would pick up where it left off so I had to be in the same position for this to work. So they injected the dye contrast and put me back in. I said so many prayers yesterday in that hour I won't have to pray for a week now!!!! And the noise that the machine made sounded like disco music beat a few times. I could see John Travolta dancing around in my head. And when they put me in feet first, me knees were hitting on this bump. The first set tickled my knees so much I was giggling for the 2 minutes it took...and the tech asked me what was so funny...ha ha ha. I noticed that when they were running the MRI the area that it was working on got very warm. When the took me out that first time I was burning up. So I ended up taking the blanket off me and pulling the johnny up to my boobs so the air would blow on my bare skin.(I had my boxers on) The girls laughed and said I had no modesty...not when it comes to keeping cool! All and all, I will make sure if I have to do this again I will have a different medication to make sure I can get through it without tears. Now for my doctor to decide what she can do to help me. But I think I will have the ankle done first. I won't be able to use crutches after the back surgery and this ankle replacement means 6 weeks with not being able to put any pressure on that ankle so I will be on crutches for a couple of months. We will see!

Got the second button band on the aran tonight and the ribbing for the hood almost done and ready for the hood. I hope to finish this soon.

Well, heading to bed..want to get up early and head to camp. DH has the car loaded up for me. He told me he has my rifle and bullets in the front so I would have it with me at camp. After seeing that bear the other night..I want that rifle close at hand!!!

Temps today hit 70 F beautiful degrees..it is still 60 degrees at 11 pm. And the bugs are out! I hate those black flies..they love me and they sure do bite me! DH didn't have any around him when we were out in the boat dropping off the waterline..but I had a dozen of them getting in my eyes and mouth!!! YUCKY!!

Night all

KNIT ON!!

3 comments:

Kathleen Colligan said...

I feel for the MRI. I get in a panci just thinking about them. I had to have 2 last summer and really had trouble coping.@ valium made it thur but barely..Good luck with the move. Is this a camp where you have people come? My husband used to go to a fishing camping in maine a few years back. I went a couple times.


Yikes..Keep that rifle close or a big pan to bang if that bear shows up . We get them around here but so far no problems even with the bird feeders still up.

good luck with your health...sounds like you have a double whammy.

Sheila said...

I'm so sorry about your MRI experience. They are not fun to do. Have fun at camp. Will you have internet access at the camp or do you have to come to town to blog?

Cactusneedles said...

Glad you get to go where it's nice and quiet. It's been in the 100's here the last couple of days...I guess summer's here already! Have a great time at camp! Enjoy.