Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sport Weight Socks..continued!

HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY TO EVERYONE!!!!!






The cuff and heel.


I have knit 80 rows of knit one purl one ribbing for the cuff I like to use the K1, P1 ribbing as I feel it helps to keep the socks up on the leg.
I divided the sock into 30 sts for the heel and then divide the other 30 sts on the other 2 needles.
The heel has 30 rows...row 1: Slip one, knit one across the thirty stitches....the second row is slip the first stitch and purl to the end. I did this for 30 rows.
Now to do the turning of the heel...hmmm. I will post when I get that done! I do not have a pattern for these socks, so I am winging it as i go...I will post the rows as I go along. And hopefully more pictures as the sock evolves!
Picture of the heel.
Turning the heel, I S1, purled 15 sts, P2tog, p1, turn, (11 unworked stitches on your needle) then I s1, k3, k2tog, k1, turn (11 sts unworked) s1, P4, p2tog, s1, turn, s1, k5, k2tog, s1, turn. Continue to decrease 1 st each row till you have 1 unworked st...next row...Row 11...S1, P12, P2tog, P1, turn, Row 12: S1, K13, K2tog, K1, turn (1 unworked st) Row 13: S1 P 14 K2tog, turn, Row 14: S1, K14, K2tog...Now you pick up 15sts for the gusset!
I will have to go over this and make sure Ive written it correct and in the last post on the socks I will do the whole pattern so you and I can understand it. I am so left handed! But I knit right. I just see it in my head differently then a righty does. I drive my husband crazy when I try to explain things to him. lol Oh well.

You cal always check out Rays yarns at his site too. www.knitivity.com I have placed many orders with Ray and have not been disappointed yet! He is also on Facebook if you want to check out is BRS specials he posts there.



















How do you like the size of the wooly nylon I am using! I bought this online from a company in Canada for $30.00 This is half the size from when I bought it a year or so ago. I have saved a ton of money buying this huge spool! The little tiny spools I bought at Jo-Anns many years ago were selling for $5.99. Now I wished I had kept track of how many socks Ive knit using this spool! I tell everyone that I bet I won't live long enough to use it all, but the way Ive been knitting wool socks I bet I do! Just in case I do, I ordered another one for that "just in case" time! I use this on the heels and toes. It does help to save the sock from wearing out quickly.
Back to knitting and watching "Sweet Home Alabama!" I love this movie...Reese Witherspoon and Patrick Dempsey...love love love them!

KNIT ON!!

No comments: