Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sock Progress

Well after having knit the gusset and part of the foot I decided I didn't like the looks of it. Tried the sock on Hubbys foot and it was just too wide. So tinked it back to the heel and decided to decreases 2 stitches across the top as i picked up the 15 stitches I needed for the gusset. I then decreased the gusset an extra stitch on each side so I have decreased 4 stitches for a total of 56 sts to make the foot.
Ahhhh it looks so much better and it fits so much better on hubbys foot! I then knit 40 rows to the toe decrease. I then decreased 4 stitches ever other row. row 1.(needle 1) knit to last three stitches...k 2 tog, k1, (needle 2) k1, s1, k1, psso, knit to last 3 stitches on this needle, k2 tog, k1 (needle 3), k1, s1, k1, peso, knit to end of 3rd needles. row 2, knit. Continue to decrease until you have 12 stitches left . put 6 sts on two needles and I have done the Kitchner Stitch to finish them off to have a smooth end for your toes.
I will try to rewrite this as I know that I do not come across very good when trying to explain how I am knitting these socks. And I think that is because I am a true lefty~ Ask my husband, he can tell you he has a hard time to understand me when I try to explain things to him because I do it from my point of view not his right handed point of view.

KNIT ON!

1 comment:

The socklady said...

Lynn,

When you have time could you change my blogspot addy to
http://Thesockladyspins.blogspot.com
Either flickr or blogspot or both decided to make it so no one could get in to see the blog anymore. Still trying to solve the issue but meanwhile have started the new blog.