Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wool Sock Project


Last night I decided to try and save a pair of wool socks that I had knit for my husband about 7 years ago. He had worn the heels out and was still wearing them and driving me nuts every time I saw his heels sticking out from them! lol So I cut the foot off and then worked it back to the ribbed cuff. I decided to add some rows to the cuff to make them longer, as over the years he has decided he likes them high! I kept thinking I should have just thrown them in the trash and started a brand new pair, but I really hate knitting the cuffs. (They seem to take the longest when knitting a pair of socks to me anyway!) As I worked to get the cuff to a place where the yarn was still thick I kept thinking, "Throw this away! Its going to take more time to do this then to knit them from scratch!" So after an hour or so I finally got all the needles on and the stitches counted and I found that it wasn't as bad as I thought! I am using Bartlettyarns wool that is leftover from a pair I just finished yesterday. These were knit from all leftover yarns when I was knitting the felted hats that were the rage years back. Well, I was knitting the heel and put them up for the night. This morning I noticed that my wooly nylon strand was not there...Dang cat chewed it off again..but she left the wool alone. What am I going to do with this cat? She has eaten all the strings off my blinds, so now we have cheap pull down shades. She gets into my sewing threads and eats those too! I have them in a case and she works at the cover till she gets it off and then eats the thread! lol
Hope you enjoy the photo of the socks. One is still "hole" lol
Hoping to finish up the first one tonight and starting the second one tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be very, very cold here in Maine for a few days so I am staying in and enjoying the heat in my home!

No comments: