Monday, February 20, 2012

Knitting project

Well, I am knitting more wool socks. I am finally starting to see the end of my Bartlettyarns I have had for about 20 years. Leftovers from my yarn shop days. I will probably never use up all the rest of the yarns out there in the building. I try not to buy more, but as a knitter who is a yarnaholic I don't see that ever stopping. WIPs are many, but I have finished up quite a few being in the woods all winter this year. I do want to knit the sweater I purchased last summer when we went to Portland. Stopped at a lovely yarn shop in Freeport, Grace Robinsons, and purchased a pattern book that I had wanted to buy from that shop 3 years earlier but they wouldn't sell it to me unless I bought the yarn that the book used. Well this time they were very happy to sell me the book. It was the last one and was the display one. They sold it to me for half price! I did buy yarn from them but not the one the book called for. I got one that was one sale for 50% off! Made it in my price range.

Winter this year has not been a real Maine Winter. We had no -30F weeks at all this year. Very little snow too. Lots of rain and ice. Mud season will be early for sure this spring! This week has been very nice...sun, sun and more sun! We had some rain on Thursday, so on Friday, Saturday and Sunday when we went for our afternoon walk we made snowmen on the banks along the road. Sunday we sprayed them with colored water. LOL Green and purple snowmen! Life is good in the Maine woods!

KNIT ON!


No comments: