Monday, January 5, 2009

Felted Mittens


Knit these mittens from Bartlettyarns bulky yarn. Instead of using two stands this stuff is so thick I didn't need to. It is easily pulled apart so have to be careful when pulling it together on the ends of the mittens and thumbs. Can't wait to felt them now. They are sure large!!!! lol

These are for gentleman that I worked with many years ago in the mill. He is such a nice man and have knit him many pairs of double thick mittens over the past 35 years. I thought he might enjoy these felted mittens instead of the other ones...but am going to knit him some double thick ones too.

These will be for my cousins daughter. She is in high school now and has a problem with the cold and her hands. Can;t remember what her mother said the problem was..some disease that I can't spell so won't even try!! I will have the second pair done tonight and will felt them tomorrow.


Weather is warmer today...29F right now. Weatherman says more snow/rain/ice mix is headed for Maine in the next couple of days. Glad to be inside..but missing my daily walks at camp. Too icy for me to take the chance of falling again so will just stay in and wait for better street conditions around here.

KNIT ON!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Andy, Ariella, Morgan and Gwen Saucier said...

Good looking mittens. I knit a pair of fingerless mitts for DD so she could get little Morgan in and out of her carseat easily. Hope you're staying warm!

Andy, Ariella, Morgan and Gwen Saucier said...

Actually Lynn, that comment was from me, Sheila from St. George. A&A are signed into Blogger now. oh, technology. lol :)

Cactusneedles said...

Love your mittens! My grandmother used to make me some when I was in college! Don't know why, but your pictures reminded me of that! Hope you had a great Christmas! Been chilly here, too. Not as cold as your weather, but cool/coldish for here! It did snow on the 26th of Dec! Not enough to stick or anything! Take care and keep warm!