Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Sock is finished!!

I have finished the sock and put it in a Ziploc baggie so the cat won't bother it..lol The pattern is from http://www.annieswoolens.com/StockingKitsPatterns.php The site has a lot of new patterns that I plan to order after Christmas. I will have to order some more wool from Bartlettyarns to make these...and I think I may do a couple of craft fairs next year around the Christmas season. (If I don't give them all away like I did today...lol)
I am waiting for a new pattern book I ordered from Mary Maxim on Monday...was told they would be here tomorrow. So while I wait for them to get here, ordered 4 of them, I have finished a pair of acrylic socks for a boy with a size 5 shoe in boys...which is the size I wear in them so I know these will fit him..they are gifts for friend to give as Christmas gifts. She is paying for the yarn and I am doing the knitting. I will start the second Christmas stocking when I get the mail tomorrow afternoon...already have the yarn. The second one will be a poinsettia and the third one is a snowman. I enjoy knitting these so it will be fun to make more of them after Christmas is over.
The weather has been rain, sleet, and snow all within an hour today. We have a lot of black ice on the roads and sidewalks so it is not fun out there at all right now. I am being very careful not to fall and injure my new body parts!
We do have some snow on the ground but it isn't much. Just enough to be white and icy.
The sweater for Sarah is on hold for now. I want to make sure I get all the socks and mittens done before Christmas this year. I do want to make some felted mittens for my DH, DS and myself. I made some about 9 years ago and DH finally wore them out last winter. And he said his hands were really too warm at times.
Finally got my UPS label for the camera to be returned to Sony last night. If I lived closer to Bangor all I had to do was take it to the UPS store and they would pack it up for me, but I don't. So now trying to find a box sturdy enough for me to wrap this camera up and take it to the little UPS place in town and it should be done in 10 days and back to me before Christmas...and I have my fingers and toes crossed on that promise.
Time for knitting and watching a little TV is on my to do list...so take care, be safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!!

KNIT ON!!!!!!

No comments: