Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Gifts for a friend


This pair is from Red Heart Acrylic yarn. I swapped with my friend Nadine for this...she was looking for some of the pink camo yarn to crochet a couple of sweaters..good trade for us both.

This one is from Brunswick Yarn that I had left from my shop. It too is acrylic worsted weight. I hope the young boy that is getting them likes them and they fit.

The purple ones are from Brunswick yarn that I have had left over from my yarn shop days. I have so much yarn I will never use it all in my life time!!!!
One pair left to go for this little girl. Gerry I hope they fit your step-grand kids.

My Sony Camera is at the repair shop in Texas. I got my shipping labels after I hounded them three times in one day. Oh, they emailed them to me. No you didn't!!! So I called and finally got an American in the USA and he got me the labels ASAP...so I packed it up and took it to the UPS place in town. Now for them to replace that LCD part and get it back to me before Christmas. Keep your fingers crossed that they can do what they promised me!

The weather this week has been one weird ride!! Monday it was -20F with the windchill and it was snowing all day too. Today it was 56F and rain. Tonight it is down to 27F and supposed to be heavy snows tomorrow and possibly into Friday. I am so glad I have my Christmas shopping all done. I did most of it locally and on the Internet. I took a ride to Lincoln to Walmart on Tuesday to get a fisher price digital camera for DGD. The Internet price was $40.00. I printed out the page and took it with me. I was told that would not honor any Walmart.com prices. So I put it back and came home. I checked out Amazon.com and got one with shipping for less than $38.00..and it will be here Friday!!! Yippee. I also was able to find some blanket sleepers with feet for Sarah. I got 7 of them for her for $68.00 with shipping..at Amazon again. I saved enough money that I went and ordered her a cabbage patch doll...$13.33 and that will be here Friday too. So Santa is going to come to her house with some nice presents this year...her other grandmother got her a new leap frog thingy so she can learn some more words. She already knows her alphabet, colors, and 0 to 10. Nice to have a mom and grandmother that have a college education. Her other Grammy is a school teacher and also teaches a couple of courses at the local college. Not us, we are from the school of hard knocks. I was one of the first females to work in the paper mill in town..talk about women's lib!! We sure have "come a long way, baby!" Today what us girls went through would get a person fired. We were told that we were walking into a mans world and if we didn't like it we better find another job! What we did for the women of today!!

I hope to get the last sock done tomorrow for my friend and then finish up the second Christmas stocking and start the last one for Rosemary right after. We will see.

I did go back and order all the Christmas stocking patterns from Annie's yesterday. I really like them. Done on a circular so there is no sewing it up the back and it looks so much better..IMHO Sarah's sweater will be on hold for a bit. And I signed up for Death By Socks today for their DBS starting Jan 12, 2009. I have some fingering yarn here now to get the gauge done so that when they post the directions I am off to a good start. I would like to at least get to the second round of this..and not be "assassinated" right off. If anyone is interested in this, the deadline is Friday, Dec 12 at midnight. It is a Yahoo group. Last year I did a sock swap with a lady in Minnesota. She did a beautiful sock for me out of a sport weight with a nice pattern to it and I knit her a pair from worsted weight Bartlettyarns. I hope she got to use them to keep warm last winter! I have enjoyed my socks many times this past year.

DH has to have some minor surgery on his poor bald head right off. He has two pre-cancerous spots and now they have turned to basil cell cancer. At least that is what the doctor is thinking. It sure looks just like the other one. Of course DH hasn't seen the first one or these ones as they are on the back of him..and looking in a mirror doesn't look the same as what you can see up close and personal...ha ha They will get him in ASAP to get this done. This is the second time he's had this type of cancer. I hope this will be the last of it..but he is so light complected and burns so easily that he will probably have more of them in his lifetime. We didn't have sun screen like we do today. And being so blond and white skinned he burned many times as a kid and blistered each time. Me, I have enough of my great great grandmothers Indian blood in me that I just get darker and darker..I will burn but it takes a lot to get a burn like DH gets in just an half hour in the son. And our son and DGD are both dark like me. Now if I could just get the benefits that the American Indians get I would be happy..don't have enough blood line for that.

Well, I am going to go read some more of my new books I got on Amazon.com...right now reading the Spenser series by Robert B Parker. Have read the other series he has but haven't gotten to the single books yet. The library here has a very small and limited amount of his books so buy them online at a good discount rate for second hand books.

KNIT ON!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sheila said...

You have been busy! Glad you are ready for Christmas. I haven't begun shopping. I do most of my shopping on the internet and mail directly to NJ. Easier than trying to carry it on the plane.

Sheila said...

It is warmer in Maine today than the desert SW. It is snowing lightly in St. George. The mountains are getting loaded with snow! 32 degrees in the desert. It just isn't right!

Charleen said...

Thanks for your comment, Lynn! I tried emailing but it kept bouncing back.

Merry Christmas!