Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Weather is for the Birds!

We are in our January thaw. Yesterday it was 48F. The fog is awful and the snow is melting away like crazy! Last week we were way below 0F and -28F with windchill and today its already 46F and still climbing. It is a good thing to have right now because the snow banks are really shrinking so you can see at the stop signs again. And our roof is bone dry too! But later today we are supposed to have heavy rains and extreme windy conditions. So will we lose the power? Who cares????? LOL

Finished my Lucy Bag last night. My DC came and picked me up and we went to her moms again and knit. She has her finished too. All we need to do is wash them and let them dry. She got her pin made too. I brought all my buttons and notions and we cut out a backing and then hot glued on buttons and then all the pretty little sparkly things to make it stand out.

Went out yesterday for an appointment with my lawyer. Finally have my hearing for SS. I have been trying to get SS for many years and now with all this surgery I should get it, but I don't have enough quarters now! Can't believe the government. I worked all those years, paid in my Social Security and now I will never be able to get my money! Not enough quarters because I haven't worked the last few years...unbelievable!

It felt good to get out and knit last night. Didn't get home until 11:30 pm. DC is going to be some tired at work today! We just got so involved in making the pins we didn't check the time.

Just looked out the window and it is so foggy right now I can barely see my neighbors house and its close!

Started another pair of wools socks last night when I had finished my bag. I have an inch or two of the cuff done so far. Waiting for my order to come from Lionbrand to start a cardigan for granddaughter. Mom saw it in a catalog she received from them and asked me if I would make this for Sarah. I told her I would teach her to knit and she could make it and she said no way!! lol OH well she is missing out on this wonderful art not me!

Time to get some light housework done today. Dishes are stacked up and floors need to be swept up and ............?????????? The laundry will wait for DH to do that. Not going up and down stairs if I don't have to...bathroom is as far as I want to go on stairs...not into the basement! lol

KNIT ON!!

No comments: