Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Little Whine Today!!

I am so tired of being in bed with this friggin back pain again. Thought the trip to the ER and the shot of Toroidal would do the trick but didn't put a dent in it this time around. I have been sleeping, watching TV, knitting, reading and looking out the window from my bed for 3 days now. No driving for me at this stage of the game. I have called my doctor and am waiting for her to call me back to see what she can do for this. I know the surgery did its part for the leg pain, but she said she couldn't do much for the back pain and she was right! I just moved to hang the phone up and this is what happened! I did go to the ER on New Years day and not having any Md's on I had a tech of some sort. He really didn't want to do anything because of the resent surgery so said to take Tylenol and stay in bed. Which hasn't been hard had to do as I can't get out of the bed without DH helping me. And don't I hate to have to ask for anything! lol Last night I asked him to bring me up some ice cream when he got a chance. Well, I didn't get any at all...he forgot. But he got himself some. (I can't help but laugh while typing this...he didn't do it on purpose, but he is not going to get away with it for a week or so now! lol)

Yesterday he and the neighbor and another young man went to camp to shovel the roof and deck off. I had offered them money and they accepted very quickly. (Like the rest need oil for their homes). It took them over 3 hours. DH plowed the yard out and then got the snow blower going so he could do the deck. Well that decided it needs new belts and wouldn't blow any snow far enough to make it worth the effort to push it up and down the deck. When the two guys were done the roof (over 3 1/2 Feet on it this time around) they had to shovel the deck by hand. Ryan said his arms felt like rubber bands most of the time he was shoveling. (DH said they worked like hell to get it done and really should have gone slower, but at 28 they do have that kind of energy...I remember..................lol) So Ryan called me when he got home and asked if I would pay the other guy the same amount as they really thought it wouldn't be that much work...paid them with a hearty hand shake and cash!!! No complaining here on that asking. I am glad I got them to go with DH. He would have been all weekend up there alone and probably a lot of nights after work in the dark shoveling all that off.

Today he is at camp taking the snow blower apart and getting the belts off to take to the auto store tomorrow and buy new ones. (We have no stores open on Sunday here in our little town except for the grocery stores and a couple of gas stations... small town...not a lot of people out and about on a Sunday so why be open???) So he will have to go back to camp after work tomorrow to put it back together. I would usually do all that for him, but can't with this back right now. Can't even walk without my crutches now so no good to do anything at all!!! God, I hate being like this...all this stupid achiness and pain. Just from trying to hang the phone up. Our son has hurt his neck and is in a lot of pain too. He called me to see what to do and told him to get his ass to the doctors and he said he can't no insurance. So put heat and take some aspirin is all I could offer him. I feel bad for him, but he has to take care of himself and get to the doctor soon. He was in a car accident over 12 years ago (passenger) and he gets this once in a while but not lasting this long. I know that feeling kiddo...just have to take it easy and let it heal...listen to me. haha I need to take my own advise don't you think? haha

Well, time to go lay down again...been sitting way too long and am feeling it right now. Take care all and

KNIT ON!!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I am so sorry to hear you are laid up. Back pain is murder. You sure have gotten a lot of snow lately.