Tuesday, April 29, 2008

WIP'S are coming along great!



I took this picture in hopes that you can see the price of gas in our little town. I was driving and only took this one. When I got home I noticed that the trees seem to be covering the price, which is $3.65! And my little car broke down yesterday so we have to use the truck for a while until we can get it fixed. We are going to need the car soon, so hoping our stimulus money comes in this week! It will probably take the whole check to fix the left back wheel...it started grinding and then you could smell metal heating up...can't remember what I was told needed to be replaced, but we just had the right side done in Feb. Oh well. No car payments and repairs are a lot cheaper then buying another car! And it does get up to 30 MPG when I don't drive it over 80! lol





The back is finished! I have a lot of half used balls left over from Sarah's sweater and another I did a little bit ago and have used them on the two fronts. I really like to knit this pattern. Wish I had the brains to sit down and make the pattern large enough for me and DH. Would be a sharp looking hooded cardigan if you ask me!



Here are the two fronts. I am to the point of starting the neck shaping tonight. I have only two small balls of yarn to use up and then can open a couple of new ones for the sleeves and hood.
I have enough buttons like the ones I put on Sarah's sweater for this one. They are big enough so that Sarah will be able to button it up when she's a little bigger. And I did knit hers in a size 4 so it will last a little longer.

I had given one of these sweaters to one of my sons friends little girl a few years ago.(She was 2 at the time and very petite.) They had a house fire a week or so before Christmas and had only the clothes on their backs when it was done. They lost their 3 dogs in the fire too. There was really nothing left of the building but some timbers and rubble. It was very sad for the family to lose their beloved pets. My son helped his friend dig through the rubble and find their remains. The dogs were bought back to this area and buried on her fathers property. The couple and their daughter were renting the house and it was a wiring caused fire. Their communities came forward and really helped them out...people are so wonderful when something like that happens here in Maine. And Lydia is still wearing the sweater. Her grandmother told me it was her favorite one because the buttons were large enough that she could be a big girl and button it up all by herself!

We have had heavy rains all last night and all day today. It is still raining heavily and some of the roads in town are flooded and the police have closed off the roads. And on route 11, the road we use to go to camp, they have had a total road washout a few miles after the road we would turn off to get to our camp. The culvert is completely gone and the rushing waters have opened the little brook up to a raging river. The water has taken the huge culvert out and the state is trying to get the road closed off to all traffic from both ends..which is our little town and another small town about 35 miles from here. We only have one other road in and out of town with this one closed. What a night it will be for the hydro people and state road workers all over the state. Some places have already gotten over 4 inches of rain. We are closing in on 3.61 inches now. And it hasn't let up yet.

DS called at supper time to let us know he got a wild turkey yesterday with his shotgun. He decided not to use his bow as he didn't want to waste time and gas! He was only out of the truck a couple of minutes when her heard one. He got set up in the brush and called for them. He said it was what is called a Jake. They had some for supper last night and tonight! He said that they were getting snow over there today too. It have been cold enough up in the higher elevations for snow. Hope we don't get any...have had enough of that white s*** until December...or January 2009!

Well, I am going to go back and watch Law and Order and knit before I head to bed shortly.

KNIT ON!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: