Monday, December 3, 2007

SNOW DAY!!!

Today the whole state of Maine is shut down! Before the snow even started here in Millinocket, the schools were closed and a lot of people didn't go to work. The southern part of the state got the snow early am and it started here around 7 am. The fire department horn blowing 8-8-8 woke me at 6:30 am to let everyone know that school had been cancelled. We are supposed to get anywhere from 12" to 20" by Tuesday morning. It is 1 pm and there is probably a little over an inch on the ground here. The snow is now coming down a lot steadier and it is starting to accumulate faster. I will be plowing while DH is at work tonight. He will not be coming home at 3 today for sure. He will have to stay until 11 pm to plow and salt and sand the roads in and around the mill complex. Supposed to have a big supper tonight with baked, stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and fresh carrots. Oh well, will cook the chicken and make him a nice hot chicken sandwich and take it into the mill. He will be happy to have it...home cooking and some fresh home made bread.

I have been knitting away on the Lucy Bag for Christmas gifts. Have one completed and one half done. I also finished a pair of pink wool socks, and have half of the wool aran vest I am knitting for a Christmas gift for my DIL's mother. She loved the ones I knit for baby Sarah and I thought she would love to have one also.

I hope to be able to post some pictures later today of the snow and my knitting.

Stay warm all and

KNIT ON!!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

So what was your total snow? We have been getting rain here in the desert which we really need. The neat thing about our house is that the mountains behind the house are shrouded in clouds when it snows. Knit lots while your snow bound.

~Lynn~ said...

18 inches of snow is what we got...and more to come in the next 4 months LOL