Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Hat is Finished!!!

 

Here is a picture of the finished hat. Now to go to the post office and put it in the mail. I am hoping that mom will send me a photo of her wearing it. Asked her to take one without showing her face. They do not want me to put any photos on the internet with their pictures and I will honor that request. If her face is showing, I will not be adding the photo.

I knit the from King Tut cotton and it took the full skein with just about 4 yards left over after knitting the flower. I have purple to do now. Can't wait to get this one started. Hope to wind the yarn later today.

Weather is so nice out today..windy, but nice. They opened the camp road on Tuesday and no one let us know. Bunch of jerks up there. Think they are God when it comes to opening the road. Its been ready for a week now, but no one can tell them anything...they have to be so stubborn about it all. Oh well. We have the camp on the market and if we get the price we want, it's gone! Hate to sell it, but can't afford to keep two places going with only one income. And I know I will not be going back to work ever, so we will just have to adjust to having one income and no more. Oh well, have enough yarn that I will die before I ever use it all. lol Now that's what is called a "yarn stash"...ha ha ha.

Heading to the PO to mail my baby her new hat. Take care all and.......

KNIT ON!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

What a fun hat! (And do you think they'd let you crop the shot from, say, the eyebrows on up? Because even eyebrows can smile.)

Anonymous said...

Adorable hat!
Marianne
Long Beach,CA