Monday, March 5, 2007

Aran Jacket

Today I went to Lincoln with my cousin to visit her mother. We had a wonderful time and it was so good to see Auntie. Since she moved to Lincoln I haven't seen her in a while...only when she's at one of her kids visiting and I would bump into her somewhere. I brought my knitting and got a lot done at the visit. DC got a lot done on her third pair of wool socks today too! Great knitting day for all.

The jacket is now on ball 3 as of tonight. I am so pleased that it is finally starting to come together and I am remembering the directions for the rows now so I don't have to look at the pattern all the time. I still have those senior moments and I depend on the pattern, but it is working up at a good pace right now. I hope to have another picture to post tomorrow.

Got a little snow tonight and there have been a ton of accidents on the roads here. No one has been hurt, but the wrecker services are making a mint on pulling people out of the snow and back onto the road.

Well, time for some well needed sleep. Traveling makes me tired and I didn't even drive. All in all I had a marvelous day! Relatives and knitting...always a good combo! Night all and KNIT ON!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi-I followed the link from Aranknits. As sson as i sa wthe pic of the snow on rt 11 I knew you must b ein Maine. I drove along that road in April 97. I was a two week road trip on my onw thru NE. I LOVED Maine. It was frozen and full of snow. I styed in Presque Isle for a night and also somehere at the bottom hear New Brunswick. I had driven across on rte 1 or 1a from Logan in Boston. I'll never forget it. Maine was wild!