Monday, August 24, 2009

Ben's new sweater.

 
 

I bought this yarn last summer in Freeport, Maine at a yarn store there and had intended to knit Sarah another side to side sweater. Not being able to find a pattern that I liked I just never used the yarn. So I had a free pattern that came with the yarn I decided it was time for Ben to have something hand knit from Grammy!!

At camp and enjoying this summer. No surgeries this year so I have been out fishing a lot. I do not keep the fish as I hate to clean them...lol. So I go out in my little row boat and have a quiet evening fishing and enjoying nature. Had a couple of loons come up on side of the boat the first night out and scared me half to death!! I was hoping they wouldn't try to grab my lines and get the hooks caught in their mouth. I use a bobber and row around the lake fishing. I hate to sit in one place and have to pull up the ancher so I fish this way.

Well back to the woods...going to try to finish a pair of socks to send to my son today...their friends lost their house and everything in it Friday night due to a lighening strike! They just finished rebuilding the older home and were planning their wedding. Life always throws something at ya when you least expect it.

KNIT ON!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sheila said...

I've been thinking of you lately and wondered how you are doing. You must be back from the Lake by now and getting settled in for the long winter nap!