Thursday, July 17, 2008

Knitting and Loons

Here is a hooded sweater I am knitting for DGD for fall so she can go hunting with her daddy in October and November. I am using Bernat worsted weight yarn, arcylic, and do not like the feel at all! The pattern is Johnny by Penny Stryker. You can see that I have it put together and have started the hood.

Went fishing last night and this loon decided to check me out. There were two of them that followed me around while I was rowing and trolling for fish! Kept praying they wouldn't go for the hook and worm!! lol
This one I took the other day from the beach. They seem to be on our end of the lake a lot this year. Not a lot of boats out due to the oil prices and it is very quiet and peaceful. The loons are not bothered by boats so enjoy a day catching fish!












Well, had my preadmit today. All set for next Thursday! I hate needles so bad, told them to make sure they have the good stuff ready when I walk through the doors...they all laughed. Just give me some of that happy stuff and they can cut away and I won't care! oh well, the worst part is the recovery...not it isn't..the worst part is getting there for the surgery! Once I'm out I won't care what they do for me.

I am looking for a side to side sweater pattern for Sarah. I would like a size 3 or 4. Anyone out there know where I can get one on the internet for free would be wonderful!!!! But I am also one that buys a ton of patterns so any suggestions as to where I might buy one, please let me know!

Take care all, I won't be posting for a month or more, will be in bed with this recovery..can't put any weight on the ankle for 6 weeks. I will be knitting and reading my mystery books and watching the wildlife from camp!

KNIT ON!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cactusneedles said...

Take care. You'll be in my thoughts these next few weeks.

Sheila said...

Good luck, Lynn. I'm sure the surgery is over by now and you are in the recovery phase. Knit and read. Read and Knit and listen for the loons!